It’s no secret that crepes are a delicious French treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. But for some, crepes can be intimidating and difficult to make. Not to worry- this step-by-step guide will have you whipping up delicious crepes in no time!
Ingredients: What You’ll Need
Making crepes is much simpler than you think. All you need is a few pantry staples and you’re ready to go. Here’s a list of the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (optional)
Instructions: Making the Crepes
Making the crepes is the fun part! Here’s the process you’ll need to follow:
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in the milk, water, and melted butter.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Add the sugar, if using, and whisk until combined.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Pour in about 1/4 cup of batter and swirl to spread the batter evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is lightly golden. Flip and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining batter. Stack the finished crepes on a plate.
Serving Suggestions: Let’s Eat!
Now that your crepes are ready, it’s time to enjoy them! Crepes are delicious when filled with sweet or savory fillings. Here are some of our favorite options:
- Fresh berries and whipped cream
- Chocolate and bananas
- Nutella and marshmallows
- Ham and cheese
- Mushroom and spinach
Storage Tips: Saving for Later
If you have any leftover crepes, don’t worry- they’re easy to store and reheat. Just wrap them in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place the crepes on a plate and microwave for about 30 seconds.
Nutritional Information: The Facts
If you’re watching your intake of calories and fat, you’ll be happy to know that crepes are actually quite healthy. Here are some nutrition facts for one crepe:
|97||3.5 g||11 g||3.5 g|
Conclusion: Bon Appetit!
Making crepes is a fun and delicious way to enjoy a classic French treat. With this step-by-step guide, you can whip up a batch of crepes in no time. So don’t be intimidated- grab your whisk and let’s get cooking! As the French say, “bon appetit!”