If you’re looking for a delicious and easy to make meal that everyone in the family will love, then you need to try this dumpling recipe. From kids to adults, there’s something for everyone in this dish. It’s the perfect meal for a family gathering or a cozy night at home. Plus, it’s sure to be a hit with your guests. So let’s get cooking!
Ingredients List for Dumplings
To get started, here’s the ingredients list you’ll need to make dumplings:
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Instructions to Make Dumplings
Now that we have our ingredients list, let’s get to the instructions. You’ll need to do the following steps to make dumplings:
- In a large bowl, mix together the pork, carrots, mushrooms, green onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the water and cornstarch. This will be used to seal the dumplings.
- To assemble the dumplings, place 1 teaspoon of the filling in the center of a wonton wrapper. Dip your finger in the water and cornstarch mixture, and use it to moisten the edges of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper over the filling and press the edges together to form a triangle.
- Place the dumpling on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Repeat the process with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- To cook the dumplings, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add the dumplings to the skillet and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve the dumplings with your favorite dipping sauce.
Tips for Making the Perfect Dumplings
Making dumplings can be a bit tricky, but don’t worry – I’ve got some pro tips to share that will help you make the perfect dumplings every time:
- Make sure the filling is completely cooled before you start assembling the dumplings. If the filling is too hot, it can make the wrappers soggy and hard to work with.
- Be sure to use enough water and cornstarch mixture to seal the dumplings. If you don’t use enough, the filling will leak out during cooking.
- It’s important to cook the dumplings in batches. If you add too many to the skillet at once, they won’t cook evenly.
- If you have any leftover filling, you can freeze it for up to 3 months and use it to make more dumplings later.
Nutritional Information for Dumplings
|Serving Size||Calories||Total Fat||Total Carbohydrate|
|1 dumpling||45||3 g||4 g|
Final Thoughts on this Dumpling Recipe
This dumpling recipe is sure to be a hit with your family. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also easy to make. Plus, it’s a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking and enjoy a delicious meal with your family!
And as they say, “If dumplings are a-ringin’, dinner is a-bringin’!”