A Delicious and Easy Meal with a Few Simple Ingredients
If you’re looking for an easy meal that is sure to please the entire family, then 15 bean soup is the perfect choice. This hearty soup has plenty of protein, fiber, and flavor that will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Plus, it’s incredibly simple to make and requires only a few ingredients. So, let’s get started!
Ingredients Needed for 15 Bean Soup
To make this delicious 15 bean soup, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 package of 15 bean soup mix
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
Instructions to Make 15 Bean Soup
1. Begin by sorting and rinsing the beans in a colander. Make sure to discard any stones or debris.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add the tomatoes, oregano, thyme, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
5. Add the rinsed beans, vegetable broth, and water. Stir to combine.
6. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1-2 hours, or until the beans are tender.
7. Remove the bay leaves and season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
8. Serve the soup hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
Adding a Delicious Twist to 15 Bean Soup
If you’re looking for something a little more creative, there are plenty of ways to add a delicious twist to this classic soup. Try adding some of your favorite vegetables, such as carrots, celery, or mushrooms. You can also add some cooked sausage or ground beef to the soup for added protein. And if you’re looking for a kick, add a tablespoon or two of hot sauce.
Another great way to add flavor to 15 bean soup is to use different types of broth. For a smokier flavor, try using smoked paprika or chipotle peppers. Or, if you’re feeling really adventurous, try adding a few tablespoons of Thai red curry paste.
Table of Nutritional Information of 15 Bean Soup
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
Now that you know how to make 15 bean soup, it’s time to get cooking! This hearty and flavorful soup is sure to please the entire family. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients. So, get out your Dutch oven and get ready to enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal! As the great Bob Marley once said, “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”