No matter whether you’re a novice home chef or a seasoned professional, cooking a perfect 6 oz filet mignon is a skill worth mastering. Filet mignon is an incredibly tender cut of beef that’s renowned for its buttery texture and rich flavor. Achieving the perfect sear and texture can seem daunting, but with the right technique, you can easily make a filet mignon that your family and friends will love.
Ingredients Needed To Cook 6 Oz Filet Mignon
Before you get cooking, you’ll need a few ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6 oz filet mignon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- High-quality butter
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Step-by-Step Guide To Cooking 6 Oz Filet Mignon
Now that you’ve got the ingredients taken care of, it’s time for the fun part – cooking the perfect 6 oz filet mignon! Here’s how to do it:
- Take the filet mignon out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the steak with a generous amount of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Once the butter and oil are hot, place the steak in the pan and let it cook for about 4 minutes.
- Flip the steak and let it cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add another tablespoon of butter to the pan.
- Flip the steak and baste it with the butter for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the pan and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy your perfect 6 oz filet mignon!
Tips For Perfectly Cooking 6 Oz Filet Mignon
If you’re looking to take your filet mignon game to the next level, here are a few tips to help you out:
- Make sure to preheat your pan before adding the steak. This will help you achieve an even sear.
- If you want a rare steak, reduce the cooking time to 3 minutes per side.
- For a medium-rare steak, cook the filet mignon for 4 minutes per side.
- If you’d like a medium steak, cook the filet mignon for 5 minutes per side.
- Always let the steak rest for 5 minutes before cutting into it.
- If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Table Of The Cooking Time For 6 Oz Filet Mignon
|Rare||3 minutes per side|
|Medium-Rare||4 minutes per side|
|Medium||5 minutes per side|
Final Thoughts On Cooking 6 Oz Filet Mignon
Cooking a perfect 6 oz filet mignon doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With the right technique and a little bit of patience, you can easily create an incredibly tender and flavorful steak that your family and friends will love. So the next time you’re looking to wow your guests with a delicious dinner, why not give it a try?
As the famous song lyric goes, “I’m gonna make a filet mignon, that is sure to please. A sizzling steak that tastes like heaven, it’s the perfect dinner for me.” So don’t be intimidated – you can make a filet mignon that is sure to make your dinner guests smile!