Ah, gammon! It’s one of the most delicious dishes you can make. Whether you’re cooking for family and friends or just for yourself, it’s sure to be a hit. But if you’re looking to take it up a notch, why not try cooking it in a can of coke? That’s right, it’s a thing! It sounds strange, but it’s actually a great way to add a bit of sweetness and smokiness to your gammon. So, if you’re looking for a delicious dish to impress your guests, we’ve got the perfect recipe for you.
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Gammon joint
- 500ml Coke
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Step 1: Preparing the Gammon
The first step is to prepare the gammon. Start by taking the gammon joint out of the packaging and placing it in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and mix it around to coat the gammon. Then, add in the brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, ground black pepper, dried thyme and dried rosemary. Mix everything together to make sure the gammon is evenly coated.
Step 2: Cooking the Gammon
Once the gammon is prepared, it’s time to cook it! Take a large, oven-safe dish and pour in the 500ml can of coke. Place the gammon joint in the dish and cover it with the coke. Place the dish in a preheated oven at 180°C and cook for 3 hours.
Step 3: Finishing the Gammon
Once the gammon is cooked, take it out of the oven and place it on a plate. Let it rest for 10 minutes to allow the juices to settle. After that, you can cut it into slices and serve it with your favorite side dishes.
Tips and Tricks
- If you’re looking to add a bit of sweetness to the gammon, you can substitute the brown sugar for honey or maple syrup.
- If you want an extra smoky flavor, you can add a few drops of liquid smoke to the coke.
- For a spicier dish, add some chili powder or cayenne pepper to the seasoning mix.
- If you want to add a bit of crunch to the dish, you can sprinkle some chopped walnuts or almonds over the gammon before cooking.
Cooking gammon in coke is a great way to add a bit of sweetness and smokiness to your dish. It’s an easy and delicious way to impress your guests and make a truly unique dish. So if you’re looking for something a bit different, give this recipe a try! As the old saying goes: “Gammon in coke, you can’t beat it!”
And that’s all there is to it! So what are you waiting for? Get cooking and show your guests what you can do. Bon appetit!
“You can’t beat it, don’t compete it, it’s a gammon treat!”