Cooking ground chicken can be tricky, but with the right tips, you can have a delicious dinner on the table in no time. Today, I’m going to share my secrets on how to cook ground chicken perfectly every time.
Before you start cooking, you need to make sure you have the right ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1/4 cup of diced onions
- 1/4 cup of diced bell peppers
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Once you have all of your ingredients gathered, it’s time to start cooking. Here’s what you need to do:
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until the chicken is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth, black pepper, salt, oregano, and basil. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Tips and Tricks
If you want to take your ground chicken to the next level, here are a few tips and tricks that I’ve learned over the years.
- If you’re looking for a richer flavor, try adding a tablespoon of tomato paste to the skillet after you add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic.
- Adding a splash of white wine or sherry to the skillet can add a nice depth of flavor to the dish.
- If you want to make it spicier, try adding a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes or a dash of your favorite hot sauce.
- If you want to make it creamier, try adding a few tablespoons of cream or sour cream at the end of cooking.
- If you want to add some crunch, try adding a handful of chopped walnuts or pecans to the skillet after you add the chicken.
If you’re watching your waistline, it’s important to know the nutritional information of the food you’re eating. Here’s what you need to know about ground chicken:
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving|
Cooking ground chicken doesn’t have to be hard or time-consuming. With the right ingredients and a few simple tips, you can have a delicious dinner on the table in no time. So fire up that skillet and get cookin’!
As the old saying goes, “If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!” But with this delicious ground chicken recipe, you’ll have no problem staying in the kitchen!