- 1 Does the Thought of Cooking a Medium Rare Steak in an Air Fryer Seem Too Good to be True?
- 2 What You’ll Need:
- 3 Step by Step Instructions:
- 4 Tips & Tricks for Perfect Medium Rare Steak in an Air Fryer:
- 5 The Perfect Side Dish for a Medium Rare Steak:
- 6 Conclusion:
Does the Thought of Cooking a Medium Rare Steak in an Air Fryer Seem Too Good to be True?
Cooking steak in an air fryer has become increasingly popular in the last few years, but a lot of people are still hesitant to try it. The thought of cooking a medium rare steak in an air fryer seems too good to be true, but rest assured, it is indeed possible. In this article, I’ll show you how to make a perfect medium rare steak in your air fryer in 2023.
What You’ll Need:
The main ingredient is, of course, a steak. You can use any cut of steak, but I recommend ribeye or tenderloin. You’ll also need butter, salt, pepper, and your favorite steak seasoning. To top it off, you’ll need an air fryer, preferably one that has a temperature setting.
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Start by preheating your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
2. While your air fryer is preheating, season your steak with salt, pepper, and steak seasoning.
3. Once the air fryer is preheated, place the steak in the basket and cook for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes, flip the steak and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes of cooking, check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer.
6. If the internal temperature is 130 degrees F, then your steak is medium rare.
7. If the internal temperature is not 130 degrees F, then continue cooking for 1-2 minutes and then check again.
8. Once your steak is cooked to medium rare, remove it from the air fryer and let it rest for 5 minutes.
9. While the steak is resting, add some butter to the top of the steak and let it melt.
10. Serve your steak with your favorite side dish and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks for Perfect Medium Rare Steak in an Air Fryer:
• Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure your steak is cooked to the right temperature.
• Let your steak rest for 5 minutes before serving to let the juices redistribute.
• Season your steak generously with salt, pepper, and steak seasoning.
• If you don’t have an air fryer, you can also cook steak in the oven. Just follow the same instructions and cook for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees F.
• If you like your steak medium-well, cook for an additional 2-3 minutes and check the internal temperature.
The Perfect Side Dish for a Medium Rare Steak:
There is nothing better than a medium rare steak, and there are plenty of side dishes that pair perfectly with it. Some of my favorites include roasted potatoes, grilled vegetables, or a simple salad. You can also serve your steak with mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, or sautéed mushrooms.
Cooking a medium rare steak in an air fryer is not only possible, but it is also surprisingly easy. All you need is a quality steak, some seasonings, and an air fryer. Follow the instructions above and you’ll be enjoying a delicious steak in no time. And if all else fails, just remember the old adage: “If at first you don’t succeed, fry, fry again”.