Cooking with a Blackstone Griddle has become increasingly popular in recent years. From burgers to bacon, a Blackstone Griddle can be used to cook a wide array of meals. But if you’re new to using a Blackstone Griddle, it can be daunting to know where to start. To help you get your feet wet, we’ve put together a comprehensive guide to cooking with a Blackstone Griddle.
What is a Blackstone Griddle?
A Blackstone Griddle is a flat-top griddle made out of thick steel. It’s designed to be used outdoors, and it’s typically heated by a propane gas burner. The griddle is large enough to cook several items at once, and it’s easy to clean because of its flat surface. Plus, the Blackstone Griddle can be used to cook a variety of meals, from breakfast to dinner.
What You’ll Need
Before you get started with your Blackstone Griddle, there are a few things you’ll need. Here’s a list of the items you should have on hand:
- Blackstone Griddle
- Propane Gas Burner
- Cooking Oil (Olive Oil or Coconut Oil work best)
- Tongs or a Spatula
- Pot Holders
- Paper Towels
- Kitchen Timer
How to Prepare Your Blackstone Griddle
The first step in cooking with your Blackstone Griddle is to prepare it for cooking. To do this, you’ll need to turn on your propane gas burner and adjust the heat to medium-high. Once the griddle is hot, you’ll need to add a layer of cooking oil to the surface of the griddle. Use a paper towel and tongs to spread the cooking oil evenly over the surface of the griddle.
How to Cook on Your Blackstone Griddle
Now that your Blackstone Griddle is ready, it’s time to start cooking! Here are some tips for cooking on your Blackstone Griddle:
- If you’re cooking something like burgers or bacon, you’ll need to pre-heat the griddle for a few minutes before adding the food. This will help ensure that the food cooks evenly.
- When adding food to the griddle, be sure to spread it out as much as possible. This will help ensure that the food cooks evenly.
- Use a kitchen timer to keep track of how long the food has been cooking. This will help you avoid overcooking or undercooking the food.
- When flipping the food, use a spatula or tongs to avoid burning yourself.
- Once the food is done cooking, use a paper towel to clean off the griddle.
Cooking Tips and Tricks
Cooking on the Blackstone Griddle isn’t as hard as it may seem. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your Blackstone Griddle:
- When cooking something like bacon, try to use a lower heat setting. This will help ensure that the bacon cooks evenly without burning.
- If you’re cooking something like pancakes, you can pre-heat the griddle and then turn the heat down to low. This will ensure that the pancakes cook evenly without burning.
- If you’re cooking something like eggs, you may want to use a higher heat setting. This will help ensure that the eggs cook quickly and evenly.
- When flipping food, try to do it quickly and carefully. Flipping food too slowly can cause it to stick to the griddle.
- When cleaning the griddle, be sure to use a paper towel to remove any burnt bits of food. This will help keep the griddle clean and free from food residue.
Cooking on a Blackstone Griddle can be a fun and rewarding experience. With the tips and tricks in this guide, you’ll be able to create delicious meals in no time. So grab your Blackstone Griddle, fire up the propane gas burner, and get cooking!
So don’t be scared, just let the Blackstone Griddle take the wheel,
And make some great food that will surely make you feel,
That grilling isn’t hard if you just follow the steps,
And soon you’ll be cooking up a delicious feast!