As far as home cooking goes, pot roast has been a classic favorite for decades. But with the invention of the Instant Pot, making a delicious pot roast is even easier than before! Whether you’re an experienced home chef or a beginner in the kitchen, Instant Pot pot roast is an easy and delicious meal that everyone can make.
What You’ll Need
Before you start cooking, you’ll need a few items to get your pot roast ready. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1-2 lbs of beef roast
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1/2 cup of red wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetables of your choice (optional)
You’ll also need an Instant Pot, of course!
Steps To Follow
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, it’s time to get started. Here’s how to make a perfect pot roast in the Instant Pot:
- Start by seasoning your beef roast with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot and set it to the “Sauté” setting. Once the oil is hot, add the beef roast to the pot and let it cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until it’s browned.
- Remove the roast from the pot and set aside. Add the diced onion and garlic to the pot and let it cook for about 3 minutes, or until the onion is softened.
- Add the rosemary, thyme, beef broth, and red wine (if using) to the pot and stir to combine.
- Return the beef roast to the pot and add any vegetables you’d like to include.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to “sealing”. Press the “Manual” button and set the timer to 45 minutes.
- Once the timer is up, let the pot release naturally for 10 minutes. Then, carefully turn the valve to “venting” to release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully open the lid and remove the beef roast from the pot. Slice the roast and serve with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when making pot roast in the Instant Pot:
- Be sure to season the beef roast before cooking. This will help it stay juicy and flavorful.
- If you’re using a smaller roast, you can reduce the cooking time down to 30 minutes.
- For a more flavorful pot roast, add a splash of Worcestershire sauce to the pot.
- You can also add potatoes, carrots, and other vegetables to the pot to make a complete meal.
- If you’d like a thicker sauce, you can mix together a tablespoon of cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water and add it to the pot after the cooking time is up.
- And finally, be sure to let the pot release naturally for 10 minutes before venting the remaining pressure. This will ensure that your pot roast comes out perfectly cooked.
Table of data
|Beef Roast||1-2 lbs|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Dried Rosemary||1 teaspoon|
|Dried Thyme||1 teaspoon|
|Beef broth||1 cup|
|Red Wine (optional)||1/2 cup|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
|Vegetables (optional)||Of your choice|
Making pot roast in the Instant Pot is a great way to get a delicious meal on the table quickly and easily. With just a few simple steps and a few ingredients, you can enjoy a delicious pot roast in no time. So don’t be intimidated by the Instant Pot – give it a try and make your own pot roast today! As the old saying goes, “Let’s get ready to rumble!”
So what are you waiting for? Grab your ingredients and get cooking! You’ll be glad you did. And before you know it, you’ll be singing “Take me out to the pot roast tonight!”