Nothing beats a comforting bowl of hot and steamy pho, especially on a cold winter day. Whether you’re a seasoned pho-cooker or a newbie to the Vietnamese noodle soup game, this step-by-step guide to cooking to-go pho is sure to help you out. So, let’s get started!
Ingredients for To-Go Pho
The ingredients for to-go pho are simple and easy to find. You’ll need:
- 1-2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2-3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 package of thin rice noodles
- 2-3 cups of sliced vegetables (carrots, peppers, celery, etc.)
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint
- 2-3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts
- 2-3 tablespoons of sriracha
Once you have all your ingredients, you’re ready to begin cooking! So, break out your wok and let’s get started.
Steps to Making To-Go Pho
The first step to making to-go pho is to prepare the vegetables. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the sugar, fish sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, black pepper, coriander, and cumin. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the noodles. Soak the thin rice noodles in warm water for about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Once the vegetables are tender, add the cooked noodles and sliced vegetables to the broth. Cook until the noodles are softened, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the cilantro, basil, mint, lime juice, peanuts, and sriracha.
Your to-go pho is now ready to be served! Ladle the soup into individual to-go containers, seal, and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Tips and Tricks for Making To-Go Pho
Making to-go pho is easy and fun! Here are some tips and tricks to make your pho even better:
- For a heartier and more flavorful soup, add 1-2 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste.
- For added flavor, add a few drops of sesame oil to the soup.
- For added texture, add a handful of cooked and crumbled bacon.
- For a spicier soup, add more sriracha or a few drops of chili oil.
- For a vegan version, substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth.
Following these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to make the perfect bowl of to-go pho every time!
Making to-go pho is easy and a great way to enjoy a delicious and comforting bowl of soup on the go. All you need are a few simple ingredients and basic cooking skills. Follow this step-by-step guide and you’ll be able to make your own delicious to-go pho in no time. And, don’t forget to add your favorite toppings – like sriracha or sesame oil – for an even more flavorful soup. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking!
As the great philosopher, MC Hammer, once said: “Can’t touch this!”