Are you looking for a new way to quench your thirst as summer heats up? Whether you’re looking to impress a crowd or just want to surprise your family with something new, today I’m sharing a classic Long Island Iced Tea recipe for 2023.
This delicious beverage has been a favorite for years and there are many variations of the recipe. That said, here’s an original recipe that I think you’ll love. So, grab your shaker and let’s get mixing!
What Is a Long Island Iced Tea?
For those who don’t know, a Long Island Iced Tea is an alcoholic drink that is designed to look like iced tea. It usually has a mixture of vodka, rum, tequila, gin, triple sec, and cola. Most recipes also include a splash of fresh lemon juice.
The drink got its name because of its similarity to iced tea. It was created in the early 1970s by Robert “Rosebud” Butt. The original recipe called for equal parts of all the liquors and a splash of cola.
Long Island Iced Tea Recipe for 2023
To make this delicious drink, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- 1 ½ ounces rum
- 1 ½ ounces tequila
- 1 ½ ounces gin
- 1 ½ ounces triple sec
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces cola
- Add all the ingredients except the cola to a shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a tall glass filled with ice.
- Top with the cola and stir gently.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and serve.
Tips for Making the Perfect Long Island Iced Tea
Making a Long Island Iced Tea is easy, but there are a few tips that can help you make it even better.
- Use fresh lemon juice. Fresh lemon juice has more flavor and will make a big difference in the taste of the drink.
- Be careful not to overdo it with the cola. Too much cola can make the drink overly sweet.
- Experiment with different liquors. While the traditional recipe calls for equal parts of the liquors, you can use different amounts to get a unique flavor.
- For an extra kick, add a few drops of hot sauce or a splash of Worcestershire sauce.
The Benefits of Making Your Own Long Island Iced Tea
Making your own Long Island Iced Tea has several benefits. First, it’s much cheaper than buying pre-made mixes. Second, you can control the flavor and sweetness to suit your taste. Third, you can use high-quality ingredients to ensure a great taste. And lastly, you can experiment with different liquors and flavors to create a unique beverage.
So that’s it! I hope you enjoy this classic Long Island Iced Tea recipe for 2023. Now, go grab your shaker and get mixing. As the great rapper Notorious B.I.G. said: “It’s all about the Benjamins, baby!”