There’s nothing quite like a warm, comforting meatloaf dinner for the whole family to enjoy. It’s a classic dish that’s been around for generations and it’s one of the most popular recipes for those who want to make something that’s both delicious and comforting. If you’re looking for a foolproof meatloaf recipe, look no further!
This recipe for the perfect meatloaf calls for the following ingredients:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
To make this amazing meatloaf, you’ll need to do the following:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, ketchup, onion, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix together until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Form the mixture into a loaf and place it in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
This classic dish can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Here are a few ideas for serving up your meatloaf:
- Serve it with mashed potatoes, gravy, and a side of green beans.
- Slice it and serve it on a sandwich with mayonnaise and lettuce.
- Top it with a fried egg and serve it with a side salad.
- Slice it and place it on top of a juicy cheeseburger.
Tips & Tricks
To make the perfect meatloaf, there are a few tips and tricks you can keep in mind:
- Don’t overwork the meat or it will become tough.
- Add a few tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce to the mixture for added flavor.
- If you want to make the meatloaf a bit healthier, use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef.
- Add some diced mushrooms to the mixture for an extra dose of flavor.
- Top the meatloaf with a ketchup-based glaze for extra moisture.
|Serving Size||Calories||Fat (g)||Carbohydrates (g)||Protein (g)|
|1/8 of recipe||348||20.3||14.2||30.5|
This classic dish is a great way to enjoy a hearty meal without breaking the bank. And with this foolproof recipe, you’ll be sure to have a delicious dinner that everyone will love. So put on your apron and get cooking! As Meatloaf once sang, “Two out of three ain’t bad!”