When it comes to delicious treats, it’s hard to beat a good naan bread recipe. This Indian-style flatbread is a favorite in many cultures around the world and can be enjoyed with just about any kind of meal. From curries and stews to salads and soups, naan bread is the perfect accompaniment for a variety of dishes. In this article, I’m going to share with you a delicious naan bread recipe that will have your taste buds singing.
Why Naan Bread?
Naan bread is a great addition to many meals because it’s delicious and easy to make. It’s also a great way to add some extra flavor and texture to your meal. Naan bread is also a great source of carbohydrates, which can help keep you full for longer. Plus, it’s a great way to get some extra fiber and vitamins in your diet.
Here’s what you’ll need to make naan bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (optional)
Let’s get started on this naan bread recipe!
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the yogurt, warm water, and melted butter. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well combined.
- If using, add the chopped herbs and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until it is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and shape each piece into a ball.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each ball out into a thin oval shape, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the naan in the skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until it is golden brown.
- Serve warm with your favorite dishes.
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the perfect naan bread:
- Make sure the skillet is hot before adding the naan. This will help it cook evenly and give it a nice golden brown color.
- If you don’t have plain yogurt, you can substitute Greek yogurt or even sour cream.
- If you want a crispier naan, brush it with a little melted butter before cooking.
- To make it even easier, you can use a pizza stone or a baking sheet to bake the naan in the oven at 400°F for 8-10 minutes.
Naan bread is a delicious and easy to make treat that can be enjoyed with just about any meal. With a few simple ingredients and a few simple steps, you can have a delicious naan bread in no time. So the next time you’re looking for a delicious side dish, why not give this naan bread recipe a try? You won’t be sorry!
As the famous singer said: “Naan bread, I love it so, I could eat it wherever I go”