It’s summertime and what better way to celebrate the season than with a delicious potato salad recipe? Potato salad is a classic side dish that is perfect for outdoor barbecues and potlucks; it’s creamy and tangy and everyone loves it.
If you’re looking for a new potato salad recipe, look no further! This one is sure to please everyone at your next summer gathering. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6 potatoes, washed and cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and let cool.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, onion, celery, bell pepper, parsley, sugar, salt, and pepper.
3. Add the cooled potatoes to the bowl and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. Before serving, taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
|Serving Size||1/2 cup (125g)|
This classic potato salad recipe is delicious as is, but if you’d like to add a little something extra, here are some ideas:
- Add a few tablespoons of pickle relish for a tangier flavor.
- Add a few tablespoons of chopped fresh herbs such as dill, chives, or parsley.
- Add a few tablespoons of chopped capers or olives for a salty flavor.
- Add a few tablespoons of chopped hard-boiled eggs for a protein boost.
- Add a few tablespoons of cubed cooked ham or bacon for a savory flavor.
- Add a few tablespoons of chopped celery for a crunchy texture.
No matter how you make it, this classic potato salad recipe is sure to be a hit at your next summer gathering! And don’t forget the potato chips – they’re perfect for scooping up every last bit of creamy goodness!
So, grab your spoons and dig in, friends! As the old song says, “You better get your spoons ready, ’cause it’s time for some potato salad!”