It’s that time of year again, when the leaves are turning orange and the smell of pumpkin pie fills the air. Every year, millions of people make pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, and every year they are looking for the perfect recipe. If you are one of those people, you are in luck! This article will show you exactly how to make the perfect pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving in 2023.
Ingredients You Will Need for the Perfect Pumpkin Pie
Making the perfect pumpkin pie starts with the right ingredients. Here is a list of what you will need to make the perfect pumpkin pie recipe in 2023:
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 ounces)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can of evaporated milk (12 ounces)
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
Steps to Make the Perfect Pumpkin Pie
Now that you have your ingredients, it’s time to make the perfect pumpkin pie! Here are the steps to making the perfect pumpkin pie recipe in 2023:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, then mix them into the pumpkin mixture.
- Stir in the evaporated milk.
- Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 40-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the pie on a wire rack.
Tips for Making the Perfect Pumpkin Pie
In addition to following the recipe, here are some tips to help you make the perfect pumpkin pie in 2023:
- Be sure to use fresh spices for the best flavor.
- Don’t over mix the filling—the texture should be slightly lumpy.
- Cover the edges of the pie with foil if they start to brown too quickly.
- Let the pie cool completely before slicing.
- Top with whipped cream or ice cream for an extra special treat!
Now that you know how to make the perfect pumpkin pie, let’s take a look at the nutrition information for this delicious treat. Here is the nutrition information for one slice of pumpkin pie in 2023:
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
The Perfect Pumpkin Pie Recipe in 2023
Now that you know the ingredients, steps, and tips to making the perfect pumpkin pie, it’s time to get cooking! Whether you’re a first-time baker or an experienced chef, this recipe will help you make the perfect pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving in 2023. As my Grandma always said, “the way to someone’s heart is through their stomach” – so why not make the perfect pumpkin pie this year?
So don’t be scared, it’s time to get cooking and make the perfect pumpkin pie. As the famous song goes, “It’s the most wonderful time of the year” – so let’s get baking!