Are you looking for a delicious meal to make for your family or friends? Look no further than the classic recipe of chicken pot pie. This classic dish has been around since the 19th century and is still as popular as ever. For those of you who are looking to make a delicious meal without spending too much time in the kitchen, this is the perfect recipe! With a few simple ingredients you can create a flavorful, comforting, and filling meal.
Ingredients Needed for Recipe Chicken Pot Pie
Making the perfect chicken pot pie requires several ingredients. Below is a list of the ingredients you will need:
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped mushrooms
- 2-3 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup buttered bread crumbs
- 2 9-inch pie crusts
Directions for Making Recipe Chicken Pot Pie
Now that you have all the ingredients you need, it’s time to start making the recipe. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and carrots and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, thyme, basil, oregano, parsley, rosemary, and sage. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken, cream of chicken soup, and frozen vegetables. Cook until the mixture is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mashed potatoes and milk. Cook until the mixture is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the grated cheddar cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch pie dish.
- Top with the buttered bread crumbs.
- Put the top crust on the pie and crimp the edges.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Tips for Making Recipe Chicken Pot Pie
Making the perfect chicken pot pie doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Here are some tips to help you out:
- If you don’t have any cooked chicken on hand, you can use canned chicken or cooked chicken from a rotisserie.
- If you don’t have any cooked mashed potatoes, you can use instant mashed potatoes or make your own.
- If you don’t have any frozen vegetables, you can use fresh vegetables instead.
- You can use any type of cheese you like for the topping. Cheddar, Swiss, and mozzarella all work well.
- For an even crunchier topping, you can add some crushed crackers or cornflakes to the buttered bread crumbs.
- You can also add some diced cooked bacon or ham to the filling for extra flavor.
Nutrition Facts for Recipe Chicken Pot Pie
|1 Serving||467||19.8 g||46.4 g||19.2 g|
Making the perfect recipe for chicken pot pie is easier than you think. With a few simple ingredients and a few easy steps, you can have a delicious and comforting meal in no time. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different ingredients and herbs to create your own unique version of this classic dish. As they say, “Life is like a chicken pot pie – you never know what you’re gonna get.”
So don your chef’s hat and get cooking! Bon appetit!