Are you looking for the perfect enchilada sauce recipe? Look no further than this guide! Journalist Lily Morgan is here to share her favorite enchilada sauce recipe and tips for making your enchilada sauce delicious every time. Read on for the ultimate guide to making delicious enchilada sauce.
What is Enchilada Sauce?
Enchilada sauce is a Mexican-style sauce made from a blend of spices, tomatoes, chiles, and other flavorings. It is typically used to top enchiladas, but can also be used as a dip or marinade. The sauce has a rich and complex flavor that is both spicy and savory.
The Best Enchilada Sauce Recipe
This recipe for enchilada sauce is easy to make and yields a delicious sauce that is perfect for topping enchiladas.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons chili powder
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 2 cups chicken broth
– 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, sugar, and flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
4. Slowly stir in the chicken broth and tomato sauce.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve over enchiladas or use as a dip or marinade.
Tips for Making Delicious Enchilada Sauce
Here are some tips for making delicious enchilada sauce every time:
– Use freshly-ground spices for maximum flavor.
– Use high-quality canned tomato sauce for a smooth and flavorful sauce.
– Adjust the amount of chili powder and other spices to taste.
– For a spicier sauce, add some diced jalapenos or crushed red pepper flakes.
– Let the sauce simmer for at least 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Enchilada sauce is delicious served over enchiladas, tacos, burritos, and other Mexican dishes. It can also be used as a dip for chips or as a marinade for chicken or pork.
Storage and Shelf Life
Enchilada sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. To freeze, transfer the cooled sauce to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Here are the nutrition facts for a single serving of enchilada sauce:
|Total Fat||6.3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.7 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||8.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.1 g|
|Total Sugars||3.7 g|
Enchilada sauce is a delicious and easy-to-make sauce that can be used in a variety of Mexican dishes. With this guide and recipe, you can make delicious enchilada sauce every time. As the song goes, “Sauce it up, sauce it down, you can never go wrong with an enchilada sauce around!”