Cooking up a delicious outside round steak is much easier than you think – and with this recipe you’ll have your family and friends begging for seconds. If you’re looking for the perfect cut of beef to impress, look no further! Here’s how you can make the most flavorful outside round steak.
What is Outside Round Steak?
Outside round steak is a lean cut of beef that is usually taken from the lower part of the cow’s leg. It’s usually sold as a boneless cut and is quite tough and lean. This cut is perfect for braising and slow cooking, as it needs time to break down and become tender. It’s a great choice for stews, casseroles, and roasts.
Ingredients for Outside Round Steak
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- 1 outside round steak (1-2 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 1/4 cup of beef broth
- Combine the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper, and salt in a small bowl. Rub the outside round steak with the spice mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the outside round steak for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until it is browned.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and butter to the skillet, and let it cook for 2 minutes. Add the red wine and beef broth, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Let the outside round steak simmer in the liquid for about 1 hour, or until it is cooked through and tender.
- Remove the outside round steak from the pan and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Outside round steak is best served with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a fresh green salad. You can also serve the steak with a side of roasted potatoes or roasted mushrooms. If you’re feeling fancy, you can serve the steak with a creamy mushroom sauce – it’s sure to be a hit!
Tips and Tricks
When making outside round steak, it’s important to remember that it is a lean cut of beef, so it will need time to become tender. Don’t rush the cooking process, and add extra liquid if needed. For extra flavor, you can add herbs and spices to the cooking liquid.
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
Outside round steak is a lean cut of beef that is perfect for slow cooking and braising. With this recipe, you’ll have a flavorful and tender steak that your family and friends will love. So don’t be shy – give this recipe a try and let me know how it goes!
Treat yourself to a delicious dinner with this flavorful outside round steak recipe!
So don’t be scared, just get out there and try it – you won’t be disappointed. And remember: it’s all about the spices, so don’t be afraid to add some extra flavor. “Put your spice in the air, make it hot like fire!”