Oatmeal cookies are a classic treat that everyone loves. Whether you’re baking them for a party, holiday, or just because it’s Tuesday, these delicious treats are sure to be a hit! Here at Journalist Lily Morgan, we’ve taken the time to perfect the perfect oatmeal cookie recipe so you can make your own delicious batch of oatmeal cookies in no time!
Ingredients and Supplies Needed to Make Oatmeal Cookies
Making oatmeal cookies is an easy task, but you need the right ingredients and supplies to make it happen. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of oatmeal
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 cup of raisins (optional)
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
Once you have all the ingredients and supplies, you’re ready to start baking!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Oatmeal Cookies
Making oatmeal cookies is easier than you think. All you need to do is follow these easy steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and mix until well incorporated.
- Add the oatmeal, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves and mix until everything is combined.
- Fold in the raisins (optional).
- Drop the cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
And just like that, you have a delicious batch of oatmeal cookies ready to enjoy!
Tips for Making the Perfect Oatmeal Cookies
Making oatmeal cookies is a simple task, but there are a few tips to keep in mind if you want to make the perfect batch. Here are a few of our favorite tips:
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature before creaming it together with the sugar. This will ensure it mixes together properly.
- Don’t forget to preheat your oven! This step is key to baking the perfect oatmeal cookies.
- Don’t overfill your baking sheet with cookie dough. The cookies need a little room to spread.
- Check the cookies at the 8-minute mark. All ovens are different, so you may need to adjust the baking time.
- Let the cookies cool completely before eating. This will ensure they don’t crumble when you take a bite.
Nutritional Information for Oatmeal Cookies
Oatmeal cookies are a delicious treat, but they do have some calories. Here’s the nutritional information for one cookie:
It’s important to keep in mind that these numbers are for one cookie, so if you eat more than one, you’ll need to adjust the numbers accordingly.
Oatmeal cookies are a classic treat that everyone loves. With the right ingredients, supplies, and instructions, you can make your own delicious batch of oatmeal cookies in no time! And don’t forget to take note of the nutritional information so you can enjoy them in moderation. So grab your mixing bowls and spatulas, and let’s get baking! As they say, “A cookie a day keeps the doctor away,” so don’t be afraid to indulge in a few oatmeal cookies now and then!
Song Lyric: “If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain. If you’re not into yoga, if you have half a brain. If you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape. I’m the love that you’ve looked for, write to me and escape.” -Rupert Holmes, Escape