Do you ever find yourself with a bunch of over ripe bananas on your counter? You don’t want to throw them out, but you don’t know what to do with them either? Well, don’t worry. Journalist Lily Morgan has got you covered! Here is a list of the most mouthwatering recipes for over ripe bananas in 2023. So, get ready to start cooking and baking!
Banana bread is a classic recipe that is great for over ripe bananas. In 2023, there is a new twist on the classic: adding chocolate chips and walnuts! This combination definitely takes banana bread to the next level. Here is a recipe to make banana bread with chocolate chips and walnuts:
-3 over ripe bananas
-1 cup of all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon of baking powder
-1 teaspoon of baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
-1/2 cup of butter, softened
-3/4 cup of sugar
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
-1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Add the mashed bananas to the butter and sugar mixture and mix until combined.
6. Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, stirring until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and let cool completely before slicing.
Banana Ice Cream
Banana ice cream is another great way to use over ripe bananas. In 2023, it’s all about the toppings! Try adding crushed almonds, mini marshmallows, or even a drizzle of honey. Here is a recipe for banana ice cream with your favorite topping:
-4 over ripe bananas
-1/4 cup of honey
-1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-Topping of your choice (crushed almonds, mini marshmallows, etc.)
1. Peel the bananas and cut into slices. Place the banana slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for 1 hour.
2. Place the frozen banana slices in a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Add the honey and vanilla extract and process until combined.
4. Scoop the ice cream into a bowl and add your favorite topping. Enjoy!
Who doesn’t love pancakes for breakfast? In 2023, banana pancakes are all the rage. Try adding a spoonful of peanut butter for an extra special treat. Here is a recipe for fluffy banana pancakes with peanut butter:
-1 over ripe banana
-1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
-1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon of salt
-1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
-2 tablespoons of melted butter
-1/4 cup of peanut butter
1. Peel the banana and mash it in a bowl.
2. Add the eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk until combined.
3. Stir in the melted butter.
4. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Grease the skillet with butter or oil.
5. Scoop the batter onto the skillet in small circles, about 3 inches in diameter. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the edges start to brown. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
6. Place the pancakes on a plate and spread with peanut butter. Enjoy!
Table of data
|Banana Bread||3 over ripe bananas, 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 cup of butter, softened, 3/4 cup of sugar, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.|
|Banana Ice Cream||4 over ripe bananas, 1/4 cup of honey, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, Topping of your choice (crushed almonds, mini marshmallows, etc.)|
|Banana Pancakes||1 over ripe banana, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 1/4 cup of peanut butter|
So, there you have it! The best recipes for over ripe bananas in 2023. From banana bread to banana pancakes, there is something for everyone. And don’t forget the toppings! You can add crushed almonds, mini marshmallows, a drizzle of honey, or even a spoonful of peanut butter. So, get creative and start cooking and baking! As the great philosopher (and singer!) George Michael once said, “You gotta have faith, faith, faith!”