Ah, the pineapple upside down cake! A classic dessert that never fails to please. A simple and delicious recipe that can be served up in minutes, making it the perfect go-to dessert for any occasion. But don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this recipe – with a few simple tweaks, this pineapple upside down cake recipe can be taken to the next level of deliciousness. So get ready to take your taste buds on a tropical journey – it’s time to make the pineapple upside down cake!
Before you begin, here’s a list of ingredients you will need to make the pineapple upside down cake:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
Now that you have all the ingredients, let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and salt. Stir until the mixture is smooth and bubbly. Add the pineapple juice and corn syrup and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and add the crushed pineapple, pecans, walnuts, coconut, and raisins. Stir to combine and pour into the prepared cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and buttermilk to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Gently pour the batter over the pineapple mixture in the cake pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Here are a few tips to make sure your pineapple upside down cake is a success:
- Make sure your butter is completely melted before adding the other ingredients. This will ensure a smooth, lump-free topping.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make a substitute by combining 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes before using.
- For an extra burst of flavor, try adding 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the cake batter.
- The cake is best served warm, but can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Here’s a few fun facts about pineapple upside down cake:
|The first recorded recipe for pineapple upside down cake was published in 1925.||The Joy of Cooking|
|The song “Pineapple Upside Down Cake” by the band Porno for Pyros was released in 1996.||Good Gods Urge|
|The most expensive pineapple upside down cake was sold at auction for $3,000.||The Guinness Book of World Records|
So there you have it – all the facts you need to know about the pineapple upside down cake! Now put on your apron and get baking – your friends and family will thank you later!
The pineapple upside down cake is a classic dessert that never fails to please. With a few simple tweaks, this simple recipe can be taken to the next level of deliciousness. So get your apron on and get baking – your taste buds won’t regret it!
And if you’re looking for a fun dessert to make for your next party, why not give this pineapple upside down cake recipe a try? It’s sure to be a hit!
“Life’s too short to not have some pineapple upside down cake” – Unknown