As the old saying goes, “you can never have too much of a good thing.” Whether it’s a night in with the family, a romantic dinner for two, or a potluck with friends, everyone loves a good lasagna. And if you’re looking for something a little healthier, but just as delicious, look no further than vegetable lasagna. This easy-to-make recipe is sure to be a hit!
|Lasagna noodles||1 package|
|Vegetable broth||1 cup|
|Onion||1/2 cup, diced|
|Garlic||3 cloves, minced|
|Mushrooms||1 cup, sliced|
|Zucchini||1 cup, diced|
|Tomatoes||1/2 cup, diced|
|Spinach||1 cup, chopped|
|Ricotta cheese||1 cup|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 cup, grated|
|Parmesan cheese||2 tablespoons, grated|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat vegetable broth over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
4. Add mushrooms, zucchini, and tomatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
5. Add spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until it is wilted.
6. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese.
7. Spread 1/2 cup of the vegetable mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
8. Arrange 4 lasagna noodles over the vegetables.
9. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
10. Layer the remaining vegetables over the cheese.
11. Top with remaining lasagna noodles.
12. Spread the remaining cheese mixture over the top.
13. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
14. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Veggie lasagna is a great way to get everyone in the family to eat their vegetables. Serve it with a side salad and crusty bread for a complete meal. For a special treat, serve it with a glass of your favorite red wine.
Tips and Tricks:
To make it even healthier, try swapping out some of the cheeses for lower-fat versions. You can also substitute any of the vegetables for whatever you have on hand. For example, if you don’t have zucchini, try using bell peppers or carrots.
Vegetable lasagna is an easy and delicious way to get everyone in the family to eat their veggies. With a few simple ingredients and a little bit of prep work, you can have a delicious dish that is sure to please everyone. So get cooking and enjoy the deliciousness of vegetable lasagna!
So don’t be scared, it’s not hard to make. Let’s get cooking and make a delicious vegetable lasagna that everyone will love. As the song goes, “It’s all about the vegetables, don’t forget the cheese!”