The snickerdoodle is a classic cookie that’s been around for decades. It’s sweet, chewy, and oh-so-delicious. The best part? It’s easy to make! Whether you’re baking for a special occasion or just want to treat yourself, this snickerdoodle recipe is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 1 Ingredients List
- 2 Instructions to Make the Perfect Snickerdoodle
- 3 Snickerdoodle Recipes Variations
- 4 Nutrition Facts
- 5 The Verdict
To make this snickerdoodle recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 2 and a half cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
Instructions to Make the Perfect Snickerdoodle
Making these delicious cookies is easy! Just follow these simple steps and you’ll have snickerdoodles that are sure to impress.
Step One: Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Dough
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C). Then, in a large bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
In a separate bowl, mix together the baking soda, cream of tartar, flour, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until the dough is just combined.
Step Two: Roll the Dough into Balls & Coat with Cinnamon Sugar
In a small bowl, mix together the 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon. Roll the dough into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Then, roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture until it is completely coated. Place the balls onto a greased baking sheet.
Step Three: Bake the Snickerdoodles
Bake the snickerdoodles at 350°F (175°C) for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Step Four: Enjoy!
These snickerdoodles are sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face! Serve them as a special treat or take them to a potluck. They’re sure to be a hit.
Snickerdoodle Recipes Variations
This snickerdoodle recipe can be easily adapted to suit your tastes. Here are a few easy variations:
- Add in some mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts for an extra burst of flavor.
- For extra spice, mix in some ground ginger or nutmeg.
- For extra sweetness, add a teaspoon of honey or brown sugar.
- For a twist on the classic, drizzle the cookies with melted chocolate or caramel.
- For a healthy option, use whole wheat flour or oat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
Here’s a table of nutritional information for one snickerdoodle cookie. Keep in mind that this information is based on the ingredients used in the recipe above. If you make any changes to the recipe, the nutritional information may change.
This snickerdoodle recipe is easy to make and sure to be a hit with the whole family. It’s sweet, chewy, and oh-so-delicious. And with just a few simple variations, you can make this recipe your own. So what are you waiting for? Get baking!
As the song goes, “I want a snickerdoodle, it’s the dessert of the town”. So why not give this recipe a try today? Your family will thank you!