It’s 2023 and the world is full of amazing flavors and spices. Chili is one of the most popular recipes around and it’s easy to see why. It’s flavorful, it’s spicy, and it’s easy to make. Plus, it’s an inexpensive way to feed a crowd. So break out your slow cooker and get ready to spice up the kitchen. Here’s Journalist Lily Morgan’s recipe for chili that’s sure to become a family favorite.
Making chili is simple, but you’ll need to stock up on a few ingredients. Here’s what you need to get started:
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 2 cans of kidney beans
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
The beauty of chili is that it’s easy to prepare. Here’s how you do it:
- In a large pot, brown your ground beef. Once finished, drain off the fat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and spices. Cook until the onions are soft and fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes and kidney beans. Stir everything together.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with your favorite toppings.
Chili is a versatile dish that pairs well with many different toppings. Here are some of my favorites:
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Sliced jalapenos
- Sliced avocados
- Chopped cilantro
- Tortilla chips
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try some variations on this classic recipe. Here are a few of my favorite variations:
- Add a can of black beans for more flavor and texture.
- Swap out the ground beef for ground turkey or ground chicken.
- Add some diced bell peppers for a bit of sweetness.
- Add a teaspoon of cocoa powder for a rich, smoky flavor.
- Add a can of drained corn for a bit of sweetness.
Chili is a great make-ahead dish. You can make it up to three days ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. Or, you can freeze it for up to three months. When you’re ready to eat, simply reheat it on the stove or in the microwave.
As you can see, making chili is easy and it’s a great way to feed a crowd. Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftover ingredients. So if you’re in the mood for something spicy, try out Journalist Lily Morgan’s recipe for chili. And don’t forget the toppings — they’re the icing on the cake!
As the song says:
“Chili, chili, spice up the night.
Chili, chili, it’ll be alright.
Chili, chili, a flavorful delight.
Chili, chili, a delicious delight!”