As 2023 came around, it’s time to bring out the Ube Halaya recipe! Although Ube Halaya is a Philippine dessert, people all around the world are beginning to discover the sweet, creamy treat. Ube Halaya is made from mashed purple yams or ube and is usually served as a topping for ice cream, pastries, and other desserts. You can also enjoy it on its own or add your own twist to the recipe. We’ve compiled the best Ube Halaya recipe out there to help you make the perfect, creamy treat.
The ingredients listed below are enough to make one serving of Ube Halaya.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper or lightly grease with butter.
2. Peel and cube the ube. Spread the cubes on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until the cubes are lightly golden brown.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the milk, sugar, and salt. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
4. Add the cooked ube cubes to the pan and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
6. Once cooled, spoon the ube halaya into the prepared baking dish. Smooth out the top and let cool completely before serving.
Ube Halaya can be served as is or with a variety of different toppings. Adding a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream can take this dessert to the next level. Nuts, chocolate chips, or other fruits can also be added for a more flavorful experience. Or you can go all out and serve it with a drizzle of condensed milk or a sprinkle of sugar!
Ube Halaya is a delicious and easy to make dessert. With just a few ingredients and a few simple steps, you can create a sweet treat that everyone will love. So don’t wait any longer, grab your ingredients and whip up a batch of this delicious ube halaya recipe today! As the song goes, “Let’s get it started in here, let’s get it started, Ube Halaya!”