Delight your Friends and Family with Fluffy and Moist Waffles
The kitchen is a great place to be. It is the heart of the home and a place of creativity. Every day, I have the privilege of creating delicious treats for my family and friends. Today, I am going to share my recipe for waffles that have become a staple in my home. Waffles are the perfect breakfast treat that can be enjoyed by everyone.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Vegetable oil, for the waffle iron
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add the melted butter and buttermilk and mix to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Heat a waffle iron that has been brushed with vegetable oil.
- Pour one ladle of the waffle batter onto the waffle iron. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the cooked waffle from the iron and place on a plate. Serve with your favorite toppings.
Tips for Making the Perfect Waffle
My family and friends can’t get enough of my waffles. Here are a few tips to make them extra special:
- Be sure to use a waffle iron that has been well-seasoned. This will help ensure that your waffles come out with a golden-brown crust.
- Let the batter rest for a few minutes before cooking. This will help the waffle to cook more evenly.
- Brush the waffle iron with oil every time you cook waffles to prevent sticking.
- For extra deliciousness, fold in ½ cup of chopped nuts or dried fruit into the batter.
- For a fun twist, add ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the batter.
Waffles are incredibly versatile and can be served with a variety of toppings. Here are a few of my favorite ways to enjoy my waffles:
- Butter and syrup – the classic combination.
- Sliced fresh fruit and a dollop of whipped cream.
- A drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of toasted almonds.
- A scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
- A generous helping of bacon and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Here is the Nutrition Information for one waffle:
Making homemade waffles is easy and fun. With this recipe, you can make delicious waffles in no time. Serve them with your favorite toppings for a delicious breakfast or snack. As they say, “It’s always waffle time!” So, let’s get cookin’!