As the holiday season nears, it’s time to start thinking about Christmas cookies! Who doesn’t love a delicious, freshly-baked batch of Christmas cookies? Whether you’re baking for a party or just for yourself, here’s a recipe from Journalist Lily Morgan that will help you make the perfect batch of Xmas cookies.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these delicious Xmas cookies.
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of red and green Xmas themed sprinkles or candy cane sprinkles
Baking the perfect batch of Xmas cookies can be tricky, but with this recipe from Journalist Lily Morgan, you can make a delicious batch of cookies in no time!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in the Xmas sprinkles or candy cane sprinkles.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips and Tricks
To ensure your Xmas cookies turn out perfect every time, here are a few tips and tricks from Journalist Lily Morgan:
- For best results, use a light-colored baking sheet. Dark baking sheets can cause the cookies to burn.
- If the cookies are too crumbly, add a tablespoon of milk or water to the dough to help bind it together.
- For an extra festive touch, you can add a few drops of red and green food coloring to the dough.
- For an even sweeter treat, you can dip the cookies in melted chocolate before serving.
Making Xmas cookies can be a fun and festive tradition that your family will love! With this recipe from Journalist Lily Morgan, you can make sure your cookies turn out perfect every time. So break out your baking supplies and get ready to make some delicious Xmas cookies! As the song says, “It’s the most wonderful time of the year!”