Christmas season is here, and it’s the perfect time to start planning your holiday menu! If you’re looking for the perfect way to finish off your Christmas meal, look no further than a traditional Xmas pudding recipe. This delicious dessert is sure to be the star of your holiday meal and will be sure to make your guests smile.
Xmas pudding is a type of pudding with a unique flavor that’s sure to make your holiday meal extra special. It’s made with dried fruits, dark sugar, spices, and brandy, and it’s typically steamed or boiled. It’s usually served with a variety of sauces, such as brandy butter, custard, or cream. It’s a classic holiday favorite that’s sure to make your holiday meal truly special.
If you’re looking for the perfect Xmas pudding recipe, look no further. I’ve put together a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe that’s sure to make your holiday meal a hit. Let’s get started!
|1/2 cup raisins||1/2 cup currants|
|1/2 cup sultanas||1/2 cup candied orange peel|
|1/2 cup mixed peel||1/2 cup dates, chopped|
|3/4 cup dark brown sugar||1/4 cup butter|
|1/2 cup all-purpose flour||1/2 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon||1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cloves||3 tablespoons brandy|
|1/4 cup milk||1 large egg, beaten|
1. In a large bowl, combine the dried fruits, dark brown sugar, butter, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
2. Add the brandy, milk, and egg, and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
3. Grease a 9-inch pudding basin and spoon the mixture into the basin. Cover the basin with either a lid or aluminum foil.
4. Place the pudding basin in a large saucepan and fill the saucepan with enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the basin.
5. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3 hours, topping up the water as needed.
6. Once the pudding is cooked, remove it from the saucepan and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
7. Invert the pudding onto a plate and serve with your favorite sauce – brandy butter, custard, or cream.
And just like that, you have a delicious Xmas pudding that’s sure to be a hit with your guests. It’s a classic holiday favorite that’s sure to be remembered for years to come.
So don’t delay – make this delicious Xmas pudding recipe this holiday season, and you’ll be sure to make your guests smile. And as The Pogues famously said, “It’s the thing that Christmas is made of!”