Ah, yeast rolls. Those fluffy, buttery, and warm rolls that everyone can’t get enough of. Is it possible to make them at home? Yes, with a few tips and a little patience, you can make delicious yeast rolls right in your own kitchen. Read on for an easy and delicious guide to making the perfect yeast rolls.
Ingredients Needed for Yeast Rolls
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make the perfect yeast rolls:
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
Instructions for Making Yeast Rolls
Making yeast rolls is easy, but it does require some patience. Here are the steps you’ll need to take to make the perfect yeast rolls:
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast with the warm water and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Let it sit for 10 minutes or until the mixture is foamy.
- Add the butter, ¼ cup of sugar, salt, eggs, and 3 cups of the flour. Stir the ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
- Add the remaining flour, ½ cup at a time, stirring after each addition. Knead the dough for 5 minutes until it is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let the dough rise for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough out into a rectangle and cut it into 12 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into a roll and place them on a greased baking sheet. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and let them rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Brush the rolls with beaten egg and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve the rolls warm with butter. Enjoy!
Tips for Making Perfect Yeast Rolls
Making perfect yeast rolls requires a few tips and tricks. Here are a few tips to help you achieve yeast roll perfection:
- Make sure the water you use for the yeast mixture is warm. If the water is too hot, it can kill the yeast. If it’s too cold, the yeast won’t activate.
- When kneading the dough, make sure you use enough flour. The dough should be slightly sticky, but not overly wet.
- Let the dough rise in a warm place. A drafty room can slow down the rising process.
- Don’t over-knead the dough. Over-kneading can make the rolls tough.
- Brush the rolls with an egg wash before baking. This will give them a nice golden color.
Nutritional Information for Yeast Rolls
Here is the nutritional information for yeast rolls:
|Serving Size||Calories||Total Fat||Total Carbohydrates|
|1 roll||133 calories||3.5 g||22 g|
Yeast rolls can be a delicious and satisfying treat. With a few tips and a little patience, you can make delicious yeast rolls right in your own kitchen. Just remember to use warm water, knead the dough enough, let the dough rise in a warm place, and brush the rolls with an egg wash before baking. Now that you’ve got the perfect yeast rolls recipe, it’s time to get baking! As the famous song goes: “Rolls, rolls, rolls, everybody loves yeast rolls!”